Aug 21, 2011

The Only Thing That Matters...

At a fireside I attended tonight, Bishop Bangerter told a story that hit me hard. Tears came to my eyes as he said the following words:
The only thing that matters here on this earth is how you treat people.
True.
Recently, I haven't been treating my family very well, and I feel terrible about it. Something deep down inside of me says, "You know better. You need to change" so after Bishop said that, I made a commitment right then and there to treat my family how I would like to be treated. The "It's all about Makenna show" has received bad reviews from critics all over the house and I have decided to show it no longer. My family is worth more than that. I'm worth more than that. They deserve to be treated how I treat my friends!

Families are forever and this is where it counts.

We are a team, a team with bruises and scars from many rough games that we've played. A team that wins and loses together. A team with high moral values. A team that attempts to love one another no matter what we may look like, act like, or what we say. We're a blended team. A team with different backgrounds and situations. We're a team who makes things work with what we've got. As a team, we all have different skills and abilities to contribute.

Mark: Christ-like love. He's the coach who loves us even if we lose.
Mom: Tough-love. She's the coach who whips us into shape when we're not playing our part; she's the one who pushes us to be better players.
Dakota: Wearing jersey #1, he's the hard-worker and team captain. He sets the example for the rest of the family-- good or bad.
Makenna: Wearing jersey #2, I'm co-captain and have lots of potential. Right now, I sit the bench as the team bully. I want to be out there with the rest of them, I will be a better example and treat my team members how they want to be treated.
Cache: Wearing jersey #3, he's the go with the flow kind of player. He does what the coaches ask without complaining out loud. He works well with the other members of the team and plays fairly.
Carson: Wearing jersey #4, He's the "I'll do it later" player; however, he'll get it done none the less.
Sarah: Wearing jersey #5, she has taken a leave of absence from the team for a while and will be joining us soon. She's the one on the team that gets on your nerves sometimes, but have to still play with.
Mallory: Wearing jersey #6, she's the player who picks the dandelions on the soccer field. She enjoys the great plays in life and thrives off them. She lifts and builds others on the team to help unify.
Mason: Wearing jersey #7, he's the team clown. He loves a good joke, but still plays hard. He's a player who will get the ball in the basket! (After being asked a few times though.)
Sydney: Wearing jersey #8, but is mostly on the sidelines cheering for us is the player who is happy and knits our team together. She loves the coaches no matter what they may say. Her shining spirit is what keeps us going in the game.
We're a team playing the game I like to call life. It's tough sometimes, but together as a family, we can conquer whatever may come our way!
Treat others how you would want to be treated.
It's a Love-Lee Day!
Love,
Makenna Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment