Nov 20, 2011

Time
















It's alarming how fast flies by. It feels like yesterday when I learned how to braid my own hair, tie my own shoes, and read on my own.

But the strange thing is... It wasn't yesterday; it was about 10 years ago. 

I can remember certain events so vividly.

Yet, I can't seem to remember the little things like my dad's voice or the stories he read to me.

Why does time have to steal something so precious away?

It brings me to tears to try to even think about the last thing he said to me, because I can't remember.

I can't remember seeing him kiss my mom or hold her hand. Such simple things won't come.

It's something I've wished for my whole teenage life is to simply remember the times we spent together. Reading his journals and looking at pictures simply isn't enough. 

Yet, it's hard forget those last moments spent with him. That, I can remember. The smell of the waiting room, the sound of the machines, the shape of the room. Everything. I remember his swollen hands and his withered body, and the wires that kept him alive.

I remember being confused and alone as a ten year old girl, struggling to even go to school. 

But over time and through the atonement I have been mended.

It's been almost seven years since his passing and I've adjusted and become stronger. I've learned new things about myself--things that wouldn't have been learned otherwise.


It's a Love-Lee Day!

Love,

Makenna Lee

P.S. Today I taught Gospel Doctrine as apart of youth leadership day in my ward. It was scary, but well worth it!

P.P.S This longer post was requested by Ashley

3 comments:

  1. This post literally brought tears to my eyes. Love you ken!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kens I love you more than words can express....this post is amazing...I love ya kens

    ReplyDelete