Sep 25, 2011

General Conference is coming up soon... very soon (next weekend to be precise). And I have never been more excited.  When I was little, that wasn't the case. I would always complain that it was too long. I wished that the choir would sing more songs (because that's the time us kids got to go outside and jump on the trampoline).

But now, I'm 17. I've grown up, I've gained my own testimony of the Gospel and I have come to know Jesus Christ through personal scripture study and prayer.

Challenges in life have been thrown my way and I wish conference would come more often because, I could use all the help I can get! I love listening to the words of the prophets and know that they are spokesmen for Heavenly Father. Did you know that the speakers aren't assigned topics? They are to prayerfully consider what they should speak about. They fast and pray until they have received their answer as to what to speak about. Personal revelation is real.

So this week before General Conference, I am going to prepare myself to hear the messages that have been prepared by prophets of God for our time so I can receive my own personal revelation!

My preparation goals:

Read scriptures for thirty minutes everyday.
Go to the temple Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday! (Lofty goal, but I will make it happen!)
Pray vocally morning and night.
Turn off the radio.
Keep a clean room.
NO gossip!
Kind words.


Doesn't he just shine?

It's a Love-Lee Day!

Love,

Makenna Lee



No comments:

Post a Comment